I’m using this great new app for my iphone called Krafts Inventory (sorry they don’t make an android version as yet). You can list all of you scrap supplies with a photo so you always have it with you. It’s not that I have that many supplies that i can’t remember them all, but 2 things convinced me to get it (as i don’t normally pay for apps – $2.99)
- I know my memory is so bad
- and I don’t know about you, but I often agonise over purchases so much that afterwards I can remember if I bought it or not
Maybe not great reasons, but the app also has some great features
- its not specifically for scrapbooking, so you can include all your craft supplies
- you can include 2 photos with each product
- you can scan the barcode and if available on the net, it will bring up the name of the product and an image for you (you don’t need to enter it)
- this is also handy when shopping as you can scan the barcode of a product in the shop and find out if you already have it, without having to go looking
- fully customisable – so you can change/ add new categories etc
- you can back it up and have the list on more than 1 device
- and the best bit is that it has tutorials and help for each section when your stuck.
Before you start, I would suggest you need to set up the categories you want e.g. Punches, dies, inks, stamps. I didn’t do this and I think it ended up taking me more time. I used
- crackle paint
- dies with embossing folders
- distress stains
- embossing folders
- embossing powders
- glimmer sprays
- ink pads
- mica powders
- stamps and die cut
Then in each of these categories, you can decide what info you want to enter. They come with some but you customise to suit what you want e.g. photo, company, tags (this will later allow you to do searches i.e. all yellow products).
They also allow you to set up lists so you don’t have to enter the data over and over again. So, fore example, I have a company list, so I don’t have to retype Tim Holtz/Ranger over and over again – cause you know how I love Tim and his products
Anyway, overall I love this app and would recommend it. I save the price of it in one item i didn’t purchase as I could see I already had it. Do you have any other apps you use for your craft, please let me know so we can take a look.
Filed under: Apps
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!