What you will need:
- crochet hook (size depends on the size of the finished flower you want)
- embellishment for the centre
- start with a slip knot
- chain 5 and join in the first stitch with a slip stitch to form a circle
- chain 3 and then 9 double crochets into the centre of the circle. Join to the first chain stitches with a slip stitch to form a circle. This is the centre of the flower.
- now we start the petals. For each petal – chain 2, then 3 double crochets in the next stitch. Chain 2 and then slip stitch into the next stitch. Repeat this another 4 times to form the 5 petals
- cut your thread and take it through your loop to fasten off
- the smaller the yarn and hook, the smaller the flower
- change the colour of the yarn after step 3 above, to have different coloured centre and petals e.g. yellow centre and white petals for a daisy
- to get the cute double flowers on Little Birdie Secrets page – make 2 flowers, the second one on a smaller size crochet hook and then fasten them together with a brad or button
- you will find the pattern for a 7 petal flower also at Little Birdie Secrets
You can also see other flower making videos here.
Filed under: Making Flowers
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!