This is a page I completed for the Gympie Show in May 2012 (colours are off but it will give you the idea). I love playing with backgrounds and I was really happy with how this one turned out. Here’s what I did:
- I started with 3 pieces of cardstock – one trimmed down to 10″ x 10″, the second trimmed to 11″ x 11″ and the third left at 12″ x 12″
- distress the edges on all 3 sheets
- cut out the centre of the 12″ x 12″ cardstock to use as the matt for the photos
- starting with the smallest page, lay out the pieces to use in the background – Twiddleybitz chipboard, buttons, lace, gauze, a hard piece of packaging plastic that I embossed (used for the mat for the photo) and a ‘weathered clock’ cut with a Tim Holtz die. These were then adhered with a stick glue and 450
- when dry, I then sprayed the backgound with glimmermist
- I used rock candy distress crackle on the 2 fleur-de-lis
tea dye some lace, gauze and ribbon and leave to dry
- punch some of the edge, then colour the edges with frayed burlap distress ink on the two small pieces of carstock
- layer the 2 pieces and place some gauze on the edge between them.
- sew them together
- layer onto the largest piece of cardstock and place some lace on the top edge between them and sew together
- use the Tim Holtz pinecone die to cut out leaves and roses. Make up the roses.
- Make a rust finish (using distress embossing powders and distress ink) on the leaves, hinges, title and brads
matt photos and text and make a ‘door’ with the hinges
- arrange ribbon, flowers, beads and leaves and adhere. Lastly add finishing embellishments – butterflies, buttons and metal flowers.
Hope you like it.
Filed under: Kaye's Scrapping
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!