2012 Summer CHA – Dylusions
I have been seeing Dylusions around,but really didn’t know what it was all about, so did a bit of investigating. Dyan (pronounced Diane) Reaveley is the designer behind this line and is now part of the Ranger team. Her line includes die sprays, stamps and stencils, and they are full of colour and fun. The sprays are 10 bright (and I mean almost fluoro) colours along with a black and brown. The stamps include a new Christmas range, but also include cute figures (whose bits can be interchanged) backgrounds and borders – made by Stampers Anonymous so great quality red rubber cling stamps. And last but not least, there are her stencils – made by Crafter’s Workshop - which come in 2 sizes – 5″x8″ and 9″x12″. Each one comes with a distressed pattern in the centre and a border along 2 side – perfect for art journals but they work great for layouts as well. I can’t wait to get my hands on some of these – just saying. lol
- creating a background
- ghosting (great for any water reactive inks i.e. distress inks)
- background stenciling and stamping
- love the idea of the kitchen roll – you know how I love Tim – but this is hands down better than having a towel that has to be washed –
- I also love how Dyan uses every bit of product – a ‘Save On Scrapbooking Now’ legend
- uses a water mister to make the colours go further
- once she has sprayed the background, she places either another page or tag over the top to use the excess ink – which gives you another background ready to go!
- uses the stamps and then ‘stamps off’ on another page to clean them – the beginning of another background
- she sprays her stencils and then flips them to use the positive and negative image (and any ink left on the stencil)
I have also added some links below to other technique videos by Dyan
They are so cool!
Filed under: 2012 Summer CHA
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!